Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lima - The Capital not the Bean

Yes, it's been a while since I've posted something. I will get sufficiently admonished by my tech-savvy friends and family, so no need for anyone to feel particularly called to nag me.

Life in Quito is good. We've been busy with visitors, teaching, work, the boys, and life in general. We did find time to take a trip to Lima, Peru. Santiago had some work, so the boys and I tagged along. It was a beautiful city, but much, much larger than our little Quito. The boys loved the warm weather, pool in the hotel, and nearby parks. I loved the Peruvian food - some of the best cuisine in the world! (Yes, this will start a debate among my IR and traveling friends. We've already had many debates as to which are the top five culinary greats of the world. You're welcome to add a comment with your vote.)

Any who.... here are a few pictures from the trip.

Bono and his brother take the airport by storm.


The Sedacas in downtown Lima

Other glimpses of downtown Lima


The real reason we were there - Pisco Sour Weekend!!








No comments: