Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Auf Wiedersehen y Mindo

We had a great 3 weeks with my parents. Lots of Oma and Opa time, which was great for both boys and wonderful company and relief for us too! They headed back to Bowie with lots of good memories and maybe a few bruises from all of Jacob's wrestling moves.

Along with our friend Marcela, we spent the weekend in Mindo, a birdwatchers paradise about 2 hours from here. We were there a few months ago, and enjoyed this visit as much as the first. The first day was lacking on birds, and unfortunately, I sprained my ankle on the walk. Santiago and Macella headed out for 2 hikes on Sunday, and saw an amazing amount of birds including the oft-elusive cock-of-the-rock, toucans, quetzals, and many more. While I was sad to miss the birds and to have a huge ankle, I didn't miss the 430 wake-up.


No comments: